Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Anyone still here?

You know you haven't visited your blog in a long time when typing in the url you say to yourself, "Now what was the name of my blog again?"  So I guess anyone reading now hasn't forgotten!  It has been a very busy holiday season and this has been the last thing I have thought about.  Of course being pregnant doesn't help either.  Naps are not optional for me right now.  And you know what?  I'm completely okay with that because I know in less than 6 months sleep will be a luxury!  Thankfully, the second trimester has proven to be much better in terms of fatigue and sickness.  I was finally able to return to a normal routine around Thankgiving, which was perfect timing! 

In family news...the boys are doing well.  Thomas and I started doing "school" again the beginning of the month and I could tell how much he had changed just in the six weeks we had taken off.  He understood directions quicker and our activities seemed to "click" with him.  Thomas LOVES to do school.  In fact, he asks most weekends if we can do school. I guess when school consists of playing games, using blocks and magnets, and jumping around any kid would want to do school!  He does know all his letters now as well as the short vowel sounds and most common consonant sounds.  I am debating on whether or not beginning to teach him to read in the spring.  He is eager to know and the book I have seems fairly simple and easy lessons of around 10 minutes. 

Josiah has changed a lot too.  He is into everything!  Thomas was not a climber, but Josiah climbs on everything.  A couple of weeks ago, I found him sitting on top of the train table with all the trains and tracks thrown on the floor shouting, "Mama!"  He knows how to climb up, but has not mastered getting down.  Even though he is into everything, he still does NOT walk independently.  *sigh*  He will walk holding our hands and practically runs behind a push toy, but refuses to let go.  Josiah is a very stubborn (but lovable) child and when he doesn't want to walk, he just lets his legs go limp.  The ladies in our church nursery call him "noodle legs."  We go back to the pediatrician next week for his 18 month well check and I'll see what he has to say. 

Baby Culbertson is doing well.  I'm 17 weeks pregnant and everything is normal.  I haven't felt movement yet, but it should be soon.  I have an ultrasound scheduled for Monday, January 10th.  We are hoping to find out the gender, as long as baby cooperates.  Thomas is convinced he is having a sister.  In fact, the past week he has been saying there are two babies - a boy and a girl!  I hope he isn't prophetic about that last statement!

Well, I've rambled long enough.  Below are a couple of pictures from Christmas. 

The boys listening to Josh read about Jesus' birth on Christmas morning. 

Josiah looks like "Ralphie" from A Christmas Story! 

Future Employee?? This was the gift they both loved the most. 

No comments: