Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A New Normal

We are alive and well! I know that I haven't posted this first month, even though I have thought about it several times. The little free time I have these days is spent cooking, doing laundry, cleaning a little bit, or most importantly, sleeping!

Josiah is doing what all babies do at this age - eating and sleeping. He still isn't awake too long, but we enjoy the time we can talk to him and cuddle him. I am beginning to see the differences between him and Thomas. The biggest difference is that Thomas loved to sleep and Josiah fights sleep. Thankfully, he is sleeping at night about 3.5 hrs at a time, but during the day he doesn't want to sleep even when I lay him in the bed VERY drowsy. I think he senses that I'm not holding him and he protests loudly!

Thomas has adjusted very well to Josiah. He has not acted jealous or even acted as if Josiah is a stranger. I think he knows that Josiah belongs to us and he is happy to have him in our family. When you ask Thomas, "Who is your brother?" his response is, "Ohh." It is so cute! We think he gets the "Ohh" from hearing people say, "Oh isn't he so cute," or something like that. Everything of Josiah's is labeled "Ohh's." For instance, he calls Josiah's carseat, "Bye bye Oh."

Josh and I are adjusting to being parents of two. We had forgotten how exhausting newborns are and even more so with a toddler in tow. Thankfully, we have begun to find a "new normal" and are beginning to get a little more rest. We are so grateful for the help we have received from family, friends, and our church family. The meals we have received as well as the laundry cleaned and dishes washed have been such a blessing to us. The Lord has been so good to us in giving us such sweet family and friends.

Without further ado, here are some pictures of our family from the past month.

First morning home from the hospital.

Thomas wanted to be swaddled too, so we put them in Josiah's bed together - aren't they adorable?!

Josiah at 3 weeks. He is a very alert baby.

Sweet picture of Daddy and Josiah

Family picture on July 4th - Thomas looks unhappy and I look tired!

Thomas "holding" Josiah

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Yay!! So glad for the update! I love the picture of Thomas & Josiah swaddled together - so cute!! I know it sounds so cliche, but even though this is a time of little rest, enjoy it while it lasts. They grow up so quickly!! You have a beautiful family!