Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Vacation & Sermons

I have been MIA on the blog for a couple of weeks because we had the pleasure of going on vacation last week!  It is such a tremendous blessing to get away and we don't take it for granted.  Josh and I both talked about how blessed we are that the Lord allows us time to rest and gives us innumerable gifts we don't deserve.  When we think about our brothers and sisters around the world who are suffering in ways we can't even imagine, it is even more humbling to think of the blessed life the Lord has given us. 

We went to the mountains of North Carolina and the leaves were at their peak!  It was absolutely beautiful.  Most days we had clear blue skies and beautiful fall colors surrounding us.  Thankfully, we were able to find a cabin to rent, although I learned my lesson to begin looking for a place more than 3 weeks before we want to go!  The cabin was on a mountain and our first trip up there was a little harrowing, but Josh figured out exactly how to navigate and the rest of our trips were smooth.  We were able to do some fun things with the boys as well and they had a great time.  Thomas' Missions Friends teacher told me that he couldn't stop talking about how he went to the mountains tonight. 

I'll try to post some pictures in the next couple of days.  I have been so busy trying to get back in the routine of life, that I haven't even taken pictures off of the camera.  In the meantime, I wanted to tell all my blog readers who aren't Facebook friends, that my husband's sermons can be found online if you are interested in hearing him preach.  You can listen to two different ways:

1.  Go to http://www.npbcfamily.org/ and click on "Resources" and then "Sermons" and they are all right there.
2.  You can subscribe to the podcast through iTunes.  Just search for "New Prospect Baptist Church." 

No comments: