Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy First Birthday Thomas!!

Today is my sweet boy's 1st birthday! This time last year, I was holding my precious baby in my arms for the first time. Thomas weighed 7lbs and 15 oz and was 20 and 3/4" long and had a head full of dark hair - he looks much different now! Since the first day, he has been such a sweet and even tempered baby and continues to be even as he approaches toddlerhood. Thomas was a big surprise for Josh and I - he was born 6 weeks before our first anniversary - but the Lord was so gracious to us to give us a child before we knew we were ready!

Birthdays are very special to me and we want to make Thomas' birthday special too. This morning, Josh and I went into Thomas' room to wake him up and sang "Happy Birthday" to him. We must have done a great job because he applauded at the end! On Saturday, we are having a big first birthday party with family and friends. We are having his party at noon, so it won't interfere with nap time. I'll make sure and post pictures of the celebration next week.

As I spent time with the Lord this morning, I not only thanked Him for the gift of Thomas, but also prayed that the Lord would one day give him new birth. I pray that one day Thomas will not only be celebrating the gift of life on earth, but the gift of eternal life that the Spirit has given to him.

Happy Birthday Day Sweet Baby Boy! Daddy & Mama love you so much!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday, Thomas! I hope y'all have a wonderful time at the party! Take lots of pictures!

Tonya said...

Happy Birthday to Thomas! What a special day!