Friday, September 26, 2008

Humor & Quiet Times

Yesterday morning as I groggily walked into the living room with my cup of coffee for my personal devotion time this is what greeted me:

The note reads:

Dear Lord,

Dianna has never appreciated me as she should. She left me in Georgia and now she's given me away. Help me endure her persecution. Matt 10:21-22

Rudy

Now let me explain the reason for "Rudy's" prayer. A couple of years ago for Christmas, my dad gave me this bear. I decided not to take the bear back with me when we left to go home, and my dad seemed very disappointed. Josh, for those of you who know him, continually picked on me for leaving this bear that my dad had given me and made me feel awful for hurting his feelings! When we went back to visit a couple of months later, I made sure to take Rudy home, if for no other reason than to assuage my guilty conscience (or Josh's continual reminders). When Thomas was born, I just stuck Rudy in with all his other stuffed animals, and now as "Rudy" reminded me, he is once again neglected.

Waking up to this sight yesterday morning made me laugh and love my husband even more. Those things do seem to go hand-in-hand in our home - laughter and love - and I was reminded that I am very blessed! Who says 5:30am can't be a fun time in the morning?!

No comments: