Monday, May 25, 2009

Just Waiting

I'm officially 38 weeks pregnant today and beyond ready for Josiah to enter the world. On Friday afternoon I had some light contractions and generally felt uncomfortable, but within two to three hours I felt normal again. Of course I am hoping that the contractions will come again very soon and Josiah will be ready to greet us. This is definitely the toughest part of pregnancy for me (and I'm sure most women): waiting. I wake up every morning thinking, "Could this be the day?" The waiting is good for my sanctification because it forces me to learn patience anew and to trust the Lord's timing for Josiah's arrival.

I was not as eager to have Thomas too early because there was so much happening with my family around the time of his birth. My grandmother was dying of cancer and was placed in hospice just 10 days before he was born. She passed away exactly one week before he came and I went into labor the day after her funeral. There is part of me that wonders if all the grief and stress of traveling (the funeral was 3.5 hrs away) contributed to my labor. Thankfully, there is nothing upsetting happening in our lives right now, and I know that I just need to be content to wait. This I know, within a month I will have a sweet baby boy!

Hopefully, we can get a picture of my huge belly at 38 weeks to post here later today. I feel huge and don't even want to take a picture, but I know I'll regret it later. Plus, maybe it will make me feel better postpartum that I'm not this big!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh Dianna,
How well I remember those days! We will be praying for you as you wait patiently for your sweet baby to be born! And you're right about the picture--later on you will think, "At least I don't look like THAT anymore!" But all in good time--we pray that soon you will have a healthy little baby in your arms.

Blessings to you!

Love,
Rachel for the Winds