- Washing baby clothes, blankets, crib bumper and sheets, etc. Our church was very kind to us and gave me a baby shower on Sunday. We were blessed with cute little outfits as well as tons of diapers! Now I have an outfit for Josiah to wear home from the hospital and plenty of diapers to get us through the first few months.
- Buying a new pack-n-play. I actually ended up with a different one than I originally planned, because I really liked the bassinet feature. I only kept Thomas in our room until he only woke up once at night - about 5 weeks - because I had a really hard time sleeping with all of his noises.
- Buying a new crib. Yep, our crib was recalled and we finally received the voucher from the manufacturer today to buy a new one. We never had any problems with our crib, but I didn't want to take any chances and plus, I love to shop with someone else's money! We are planning on going to Babies-R-Us Friday night to buy a new one.
- Cleaning, cleaning, and cleaning! I want my house to be clean and all the clothes washed when I go into labor, even though I know it probably won't happen. After I cleaned the bathrooms last week I had to sit down because I was out of energy! However, I wasn't down long because I wanted to mop the floors.
- Grocery shopping. I'm trying to have the cabinets stocked before I go into labor and plus, I can't pass up a good sale. Now that I'm "addicted" to coupon shopping, I'm always looking for the best deals and every Tuesday morning after my OB appointment Thomas and I are going to Target, Bi-Lo, & Publix. After taking him in and out of the car four times this morning, I have decided that I am going grocery shopping by myself!
As of now, I have not had a single contraction. I didn't have any Braxton Hicks contractions with Thomas, but I did go into labor one week early. The doctor said this morning that everything looked great and I could have this baby whenever he is ready to come. They won't check to see if I have dilated or effaced until two more weeks.
I'm trying not to complain too much, but I am very tired and beginning to feel miserable. Patience is hard to come by at times, especially with a toddler. I know it is more of my sinful heart and less of Thomas' misbehavior. He is at the age where he is a ball of energy and just wants to have fun, and while I feel like I'm carrying a big ball there isn't any energy there!
Last night Josh told me that I am to lay down at least an hour in the afternoon while Thomas is napping. All things will come together and even if all the clothes aren't washed, the house isn't spotless, and I don't have everything I want in the cabinets we are still going to have a sweet baby boy in less than a month! Now, I'm following my husband's orders and laying down.