Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Baby Is A....

Boy!!!

That's right - Thomas is going to have a little brother. Josh knew from the moment we first saw the baby's face that he was a boy. His first comment was, "That looks like a boy's face." And then when we saw his arm, "Yep, that is a boy's arm too." Of course I wasn't convinced until I saw the evidence. Just like Thomas, this baby boy wasn't shy one bit! You can clearly tell we are having a boy.

Many of you know that I was hoping for a girl (I had even dreamt this baby was a girl), but I am thrilled to have another boy! Josh is excited that Thomas will have a brother close to his age and that they can grow up together. I'm beginning to wonder what a house full of boys might look like. Josh's mom had two boys, my grandmother (dad's mom) had three boys...but we hope the Lord blesses us with many children so I'll get a girl one day, right?

We haven't decided on a name yet. We had a girl's name picked out, but we are unsure on a boy's name. And for those of you who knew what we were thinking for a boy's name - it is totally out. We have started the process all over, but I do think we have a good idea. I really like a name and Josh is pondering it. He just wants to make sure it "fits together."

And no we didn't go to Target today, but I do plan on buying a few baby boy outfits. This baby has to have something new - especially to wear home from the hospital.

Here is Baby Boy Culbertson's profile picture from the ultrasound - I hope he looks like Thomas!

6 comments:

Anna said...

Hooray for another baby boy!

Tonya said...

Congratulations! I must say that having two boys has been wonderful! It is such a joy to see the love between them. I think you will really enjoy watching your boys grow up together.

Ashley said...

Yay!!! Congrats! How fun! I think being surrounded by boys in the house sounds like fun... albeit a little exhausting at times, but just think of all those little tender boy hearts! Oh and if you want to know something interesting.. a lady at our former church has 7 children... yep... ALL boys! But she just got her first grandchild... a girl :-) I'm so happy for you, Dianna!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! This will be a wonderful little Culbertson, Dianna, and just as cute as Thomas. Thanks for the email update. We'll be praying!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I know how it is to be in a house full of boys! Good luck! hehe
I truely think it is wonderful. Thomas will be a wonderful big brother.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Wow, another boy...I'm sure you are thrilled...
I pray he is as well behaved as Thomas has been..You have been very blessed...and Dianna, go buy something pink if you want, he won't be traumatized, although, Josh might be...