Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I Love My Job!

By the title of my post you may be thinking, "Do you have a job I don't know about?" or "When did you get a job?" My job is the same as it has been the past 18 months: a stay-at-home mom! Yesterday, I realized anew how thankful and blessed I am to stay home with Thomas.

Twice a year I volunteer and shop at consignment sales for children. I usually am able to buy all of Thomas' clothes for the next season, shoes, dvds, books, toys, etc. Yesterday, I volunteered in the morning and shopped in the afternoon. Since the sale was about 45 mins away, I was gone from 8am to 4pm and it was hard. Why? Because I missed Thomas so much! A very sweet lady from our church kept Thomas and I knew he was in great hands, but I don't like being away from him all day.

Staying home with Thomas is such a blessing and a privilege. Yes, some days are very hard and I do need a break sometimes. However, I wouldn't trade all the money or possessions in the world to be home with him. I know there are moms who work who would love to be at home and financially they cannot. I'm just very thankful that the Lord more than meets our needs through Josh's salary.

Psalm 127:3 says, "Behold, children are a hertiage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward." I can heartily say Amen!