Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Story Time

Today, Thomas and I made a trip to the library for story time. It was for 30 minutes and for children three and under. I wasn't sure what to expect, but we had a great time! There were only 4 children - 2 boys and 2 girls. The librarians were very sweet and we all sat on the floor as one of the librarians read a book or told a story using a stuffed animal. All the kids got to look at a book as well, and while Thomas was interested in the books (he "reads" a lot at home), I think he was more interested in the other children!

I want Thomas to have a love for reading at an early age and for the library to be a place he knows well. We didn't check out any books today, because he has so many at home, but as he gets older, we will visit more frequently. Story Time lasts for six weeks and I think it will be great for Thomas and me. It gives him a chance for interaction with other children (besides at church) and hopefully I can meet some other mamas.

I'm so thankful for the public library and for free things to do with Thomas!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

That's so much fun! Gabriel loves the library. We haven't done story time yet but he thinks all the books are his :-) I have to weed through the ones he thinks he needs. We've gotten some good ones... even for his age!