Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sippy Cup?

I am currently trying to break Thomas' attachment to the bottle. The sippy cups have been tried before, but only for apple juice. This week, after buying different types of sippies, I decided that for lunch Thomas would have a sippy cup instead of a bottle. Thomas doesn't seem to like this arrangement too much. He only drinks a little bit and when I urge him to drink more, he pushes it away. Today, I fed Thomas his lunch around noon and he didn't drink much at all from his sippy, so Josh gave it to him again when he was in his walker a short time later. Well... a few minutes later we stumbled across the sippy cup....

Yes, there is urine in that toilet! After much begging, Josh retrieved it from the toilet, but it was my job to clean it off.

That pretty much tells you what Thomas thinks of the sippy. A couple of lessons learned: don't give him a sippy while in the walker & keep the bathroom doors shut! I will continue to persevere with the sippy, but I think I'll be using a different one!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another lesson to learn...always flush the toilet, so if the sippie cup goes BACK into the toilet, there will not be any urine in it!!:)

Tonya said...

Eeewww!! I know Vivian taught Josh to flush!! ;-)

Ashley said...

I guess he knows what toilets are for.. things you don't want! Haha! That's hilarious! And btw, your blog looks good!

Unknown said...

My vote is it wasn't Josh...the toilet seat is down afterall.

Unknown said...

Ever better, you can refer to it as the sipPEE cup

Tonya said...

LOL @ Chris

The Culbertsons said...

Good eye, Chris!
-Josh