Monday, March 30, 2009

Reunion

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of having a short reunion lunch with some friends from high school. Everyone couldn't make it, but most did and it made for a fun time of catching up and laughing together. It has been eight years (2001) since all of us had been together. We still have a couple of years until our 10 year class reunion (I can't believe time has gone by so quickly), but after one of our friends posted some old high school pictures on Facebook, we started planning a get together.

Out of the 10 of us present:

2 are full-time teachers
1 is a part-time teacher
2 are nurses
1 is in ministry with her husband
1 works in business
2 are stay-at-home moms
1 is graduating from medical school!

Eight of us are married and one is getting married in June! Between the ten of us, we have six children and two on the way! It really was fun to see the dynamics of the group and trying to learn every one's married names - we still call each other by the maiden name!

My friend Ashley, who has the blog The Sweetest Work on Earth, was there and it was so good to see her again! I feel connected to her through our blogs, but it is so much more fun to talk to her in person. Since we were the two pregnant ladies, we got a picture together.

I still have 10 weeks ago, but Ashley only has 4 weeks left! She & I like to have babies around the same time - her son is just one month and one day older than Thomas. If the due dates are right, these babies will be about 6 weeks apart - how fun!

Here is the picture of the whole group:

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Okay, so I'm not as um, ahem, thin, as I thought. Bummer. You look great. I think I'm still going to post about it but I might blame the "extra weight" on the lighting. Can I do that?

I'm so glad I got to see you! Wish we could have talked more. Wish I would have been up for it!