Friday, April 17, 2009

Birthday Cake

The cake I baked for Josh's birthday didn't turn out as pretty as I would have liked. You can definitely see the crumbs from icing the cake and I wished I had some pattern letters to make all the letters the same height and size. However, with very little training, it still turned out okay. Josh says the cake is delicious and he was thankful for all my hard work.

Hopefully, his next birthday cake will look fabulous as I am now taking a 4 week course at Michael's on cake decorating ( I already learned a better way for icing the cake and I shouldn't have any crumbs next time!). For the next three weeks I'll be baking, icing, and decorating a cake for class. Josh took a look at the cakes I will make and he seems a little skeptical that mine can look like the picture, but I'm going to try! I'll make sure and post pictures of my cakes in the coming weeks.

Below is a couple of pictures of Josh's cake.


It may not look like a masterpiece, but it sure does taste good! I'm going to have a piece now!

No comments: