Monday, April 6, 2009

Reflecting on The Cross

This week as we look forward to Resurrection Sunday, I'm taking time every day just to reflect on the cross. One of the books that is really helping me to meditate on the cross is Jesus, Keep Me Near The Cross edited by Nancy Guthrie. The past two days I have been overwhelmed by the thought of Jesus, who knew no sin, becoming sin for me and drinking the cup of God's wrath so that I could drink the cup of salvation. I find that it is so easy to just think, "Oh yeah, Jesus died on the cross for my sins," and not to ponder what I'm saying. There is SO much that Jesus did on the cross and we will spend all eternity praising Him for it!

I would highly recommend this book, even if you can't purchase it before Easter. We need to think of the cross all the time, because only when we reflect on the cross do we see ourselves for who we truly are - wretched sinners.

One of my favorite songs is especially fitting this week. It is The Power of The Cross by the Getty's. Here is a video of Kristyn Getty singing it along with a choir in San Diego, CA. I pray that all who read this blog this week grow to love our Savior more as you glory in the cross of Christ!

No comments: